Prepare Fee Proposal
Define scope of work
- Every phase of project is listed: pre-design, schematics, design development, contract documents, bidding, construction, post construction
- Every special service is included
- Every expected task is included
- Every consultant task is included
Calculate project fee
- Time or fee is estimated for every task
- Fee for every consultant is included
- Fee includes markup for managing consultants
- Fee includes reimbursables: printing, travel, communications
- Fee includes contingency
Write cover letter
- Cover letter explains proposal
- Proposal format and content conforms to owner request
- Proposal includes appropriate supporting material: description of scope, fee calculations, project schedule
- Proposal material checked for accuracy and completeness: spell check, grammar check, calculation totals
- Proposal sent to appropriate parties: owner, agency, CEO
- Proposal delivered to correct address: hand deliver, mail, special handling, email (PDF version)
- Proposal verified as received
- Copies of proposal properly filed
- Email PDF versions, not word processing or spreadsheet versions, of legal or other important documents. PDF versions can't be readily changed and don't include historical editing information that word processing files include.
Search For More Information
Click here for a version of this page that's more suitable for printing. After printing, click the back-arrow of your browser to return to the original format with an index alongside.
Comments or suggestions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see contact us.
- Original post: March 26, 2004, written by Dennis V. O'Neill.
- Last revision: February 9, 2016.
- Thanks for comments from: Joy Knoblauch, Hilliard Architects Inc.
Copyright 2004 - 2016 Dennis V. O'Neill